Who is the Platform for?
The Community Plaform can meet the needs of a broad range of organizations.
Community Funders & Volunteer Centers
- Community Foundations
- Private Foundations with a local focus
- United Way organizations
- Giving Circles
- Community Action Agencies
- Corporate philanthropies
Colleges & Universities
- Service Learning
- Community Service
- Service Clubs
- Social Sciences
- Social Work
- PTAs & PTOs
- Neighborhood Associations
Nonprofit Coalitions, Networks & Associations
- State Nonprofit Associations
- Local associations
- Human Service, Education, and Health Care Coalitions
Government and Public-Private Partnerships
- County and city offices for public-private partnerships
- Departments of health
- Community Development, Recreation
Our full list of features is long. These are some of our most popular features.View more
Map or list Nonprofit or Community-serving Organizations, including their programs and locations.
Share Volunteer Opportunities, Events Calendar, and Goods & Services
Community Teams & User Groups
Create custom fields for your team to collect specialized information
Create custom fields & custom pages
Create custom pages for your neighborhood, town, county, school, or other geographic area
Nonprofit Financial Data
Preloaded with latest financial info on 501(c)(3) organizations
A Practical Community Toolkit for Leaders
- More than ever, we need community and civic leaders who inspire people to work together to make a better world.
- We need “servant leaders” who are thoughtful, compassionate, wise, creative, and courageous.
- “Servant leaders” who feel a deep sense of responsibility to make a positive difference.
- Only you and your team can provide the authentic committed leadership we need
- But leaders also need tools for collaboration, organizing, mapping and visualizing community resources and needs.
Make Good Works Visible
Make Visible the Wealth/Multitude of People and Nonprofit and Community Organizations Working to Make a Better World and Who Need Help!
- Most people – community members and college students included – are unaware of the many public-spirited people and organizations working in their communities.
- The Community Platform is a way to make these people, organizations, and activities VISIBLE to all!
- Surveys have shown that Americans have little trust in both government and the nonprofit sector. Highlighting successful local activities organizations can help.
Provide a Path for People who Want to Help
Making it easier for people to Get Involved in their own way
- Volunteer or donate with an existing organization
- Identify areas of need in the community where new programs or organizations are needed
- Avoid duplication of effort or creation of new organizations when existing programs or organizations
How We Can Help
Whether you are a volunteer leader in your neighborhood or work for a nonprofit organization, foundation, or government, the Community Platform can support your work:
- To map community resources and needs, so that we can focus our efforts where they are most needed and coordinate our activities.
- Find opportunities for people and organizations to work together to address those needs or achieve shared goals. The Community Platform has modules for managing Volunteer Opportunities, Events, and more.
- Share your goods and services with nonprofit organizations. Do you have sports equipment or computers to give away? Does your nonprofit have extra space that it could share with another organization? Does your nonprofit have a need that you want others to know about? Post it on the Platform.